Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Moving to California


Some of you are already aware of this, but I wanted to formally announce that my fiance and I are moving to Santa Monica, CA. My fiance (amazingly awesome, bad ass businesswoman) has accepted an unbelievable opportunity in her current company and we're relocating at the end of the month. It's been a trying last couple of months keeping my mouth shut, however I can finally tell everyone since I put in my two weeks yesterday. YES! HOORAY! *insert fireworks here

Moving to Santa Monica, also allows me to pursue my acting career more diligently. Although I am forever indebted to Chicago for reigniting my fire to act, it is rather limited in its opportunities for the Asian male actor. I can't wait to get out to California and start creating. I know it will be a grind the first couple of years, but my desire to make acting a career won't wane.

As for this blog, nothing should change. You'll still get the craptastic blogging style, snark and the occasional photoshop, however at times I'll be focusing on local California politics as well. Maybe just maybe I'll give insight to what projects I'm working on...

The lady and I are forever grateful for the support we've received from friends and family. We're truly blessed. I can't emphasize that enough. If any of you West Coast folks want to connect, feel free to email me. I can't wait to get out to sunny California!

I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

4 comments:

Tengrain said...

Welcome to Cali!

Santa Monica is really beautiful, just spectacular, you are going to enjoy it. Even though you will be on the coast, you will probably have a hard time (at first) believing the lack of humidity and the complete lack of rain; it is what everyone from the midwest starts off not believing... and then comes the expense.

You'll get used to it because you will never be cold again.

California welcomes you, it is good to have you with us!

Regards,

Tengrain

New Deal democrat said...

Congratulations! Between your marriage and your move, this looks like it will be a terrific year for you. I'm envious!

Best wishes.

MojoRider said...

Frank, that's awesome! California is a really pretty state. That drive up the PCH is amazing.

When I was out in SF for business, we had to take a drive south to Santa Barbara. We drove thru the central valley---Steinbeck country. It's amazing how big that state is and how varied it is.

Best of luck in Santa Monica. I hope your performing career goes well.

Asian-American Pundit said...

@Tengrain

Thanks so much! We definitely are looking forward to the weather in Santa Monica. It has treated us kindly the last two visits. I won't miss Chicago's winters, but I'm sure I'll have trouble adjusting to many things (especially cost). We'll have to get a drink next time I'm in San Fran, which hopefully will be later this year.

@NDD

Thank you! LOL, I would have say this year has been good to us so far. It's hard to believe at times. I can't wait to get out there and hopefully this string of good fortune continues!

@Mojo

Thanks man! I look forward to the drive up and down the PCH. It's really a stunning view point. My lady is keen on visiting Santa Barbara once we get settled. And I can't wait to get my career going!

Thanks again, you guys rock!