Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Get Your Dunkin Wednesday

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

I said my piece last night about the Shirley Sherrod story. The culprit in this is Andrew Breitbart, a sociopath who wants nothing but to divide this nation. The administration, however and the White House's handling of the situation has been disappointing. I was watching the Today Show this morning and instead of focusing on the dark deception of false equivalencies drummed up by the right wing noise machine they focused on the administration's mistake. Exactly what I feared. Hopefully this will pass as we have much more pressing issues, but damn if this wasn't avoidable. I want to say more about my own experiences. I want to tell you how I empathize with Sherrod. I want to give you examples, but that would play into identity politics that I know happens too often. The real shame of this is it is clear we can't talk about race like grown ups. Not in Uhmerika. I have a busy and hectic day up ahead. Rock on!

Here are your highlights:

Social Security Doomsayers are winning

To be honest, I don't think I will miss Facebook all that much

NPR jumps on the DEMS WILL LOSE BIG BECAUSE THEY ARE SO LEFTIST!!

Byron Williams right-wing extremist offers a little bit of irony

Jeremy Lin to the Warriors

Quote for the Day
- Sullivan links to Joshua Green who puts this Sherrod story in the correct light.

Chow!

No comments: