Thursday, July 22, 2010

Get Your Dunkin Thursday



Wow. I was so out of yesterday I posted a Dunkin with the wrong day. Alas it is now corrected. Oh well, yesterday I was in traffic for two whole hours thanks to Google Maps which had me going the LONGEST WAY POSSIBLE! Does anyone know of a better directions oriented site? I need one because I am done with teh Google Maps. I won't go into detail where I was headed...yet...still...waiting to hear back from people, but if it's good news of course I will share it. This weekend should be chill and am looking forward to it. The lady and I planning on trying out a new joint near Oak Park. All you need to know is, it serves SANGRIA.

Here are your highlights:

Foreclosures in Chicago - cut off from any help

John Yoo deserves to be booed

Treating Muslims like Democrats

For the lazy cook, Shredded Salads

Tropical Storm might effect oil seal

Josh Marshall reminds us of the events that took place during the Shirley Sherrod story. And asks "Shame on Obama?" I am one of those who stated that I was disappointed and felt the knee jerk reaction by Vilsack was just plain stupid. I stand by that. Eugene Robinson points to the bigger issue at hand "Obama needs to stand up to the "reverse racism" ploy." Why? As Robinson says:

After the Shirley Sherrod episode, there's no longer any need to mince words: A cynical right-wing propaganda machine is peddling the poisonous fiction that when African Americans or other minorities reach positions of power, they seek some kind of revenge against whites.

Chow!

P.S. Andrew Breitbart is still a dick.

No comments: