Friday, May 1, 2009

Secret Asian Man, Nails It


Secret Asian Man is a comic written and illustrated by Tak Toyoshima. I stumbled along his work last year sometime and have been hooked ever since. He brings an honest social commentary with a light sense of humor. I also appreciate characters with thick eyebrows, it hits close to home. You can visit his daily strip here.

From his About Page:

I was born and raised in New York City on the borders of Chinatown, Little Italy, Soho and Tribeca. I now live just south of Boston in an old converted refrigerator box where I scavenge wild berries from my neighbors' yards.

During the day, I am the creative director at the ground breaking post-alternative newsweekly Boston's Weeky Dig. Ground breaking in that the Dig is a hybrid of the traditional alternative newsweekly that our hippie forefathers started and new school magazine publishing blending award winning design and cutting edge content. I'm also the creative director for BeerAdvocate Magazine, the print supplement to the world's largest online beer community.

Secret Asian Man is a daily comic strip that is syndicated through United Media. The comic strip is an often brutally honest commentary on the state of race relations in America.



I am Frank Chow and I approved this message.

No comments: