Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Get Your Dunkin Tuesday

I'm back! It was a special Lent season for me as some of you know. On Saturday I was finally baptized,  confirmed and received first communion at St. Monica's. I am now a Catholic. The journey was trying at times, frustrating even, but my faith only grew stronger. It probably seems odd that someone my age and during these times would decide to become Catholic...on paper sure I can understand that. For me though it made perfect sense. After being baptized I felt a weight lift off my shoulders, I feel young again, full of hope and focus -- all of which can be contributed to my faith. I can't thank those of you who offered support enough. I'm truly blessed with an amazing family (sis drove from San Diego to sit through a three and half hour mass). A special thanks to Paddy K for his guidance and patience as I worked through the journey. And a very special thank you to my wife, my sponsor who without which I wouldn't be half the man I am today. If anyone has questions or wants to know about RCIA, feel free to email me. Thanks for stopping by! - Vitus

Here are your highlights:

When You're Mixed Race, Just One Box is Not Enough

The DOMA game in the Supreme Court

Pipeline breaks in Arkansas, why isn't this the biggest story of the week?

Farmer with a discovery of a lifetime

UCLA Asian Pacific American Law Journal Symposium April 6th 

Pope Francis has given Catholics everywhere hope. His gestures thus far are rooted in humility and it is truly inspiring

Chow!