Wednesday, April 25, 2012

And I'm Back (Acting Update)

It's been a week since I last posted and lot has happened. First I didn't even realize, but work had me scheduled for seven days in a row. I got home and went back to work. Awesome. Then on Wednesday I received a phone call from my agent...I booked a commercial.

I had auditioned for an internet spot before I left for Milwaukee and when I got back to LA I found out I had a callback. I didn't think much of it because the script was dialogue heavy and as much as I rehearsed, I felt I might have been a bit too young for the part. The callback, however went great, they had me do the script a couple of times, I was able to improv, and people laughed (always a good sign). Well wouldn't you know the very next day I got the call (there may or may not have been some celebratory high-fiving and drinking).

The past week has been surreal and a blur. Between working every day up to the shoot, to the fitting, to the shoot day and being on set; I'm exhausted, I'm excited, I'm ready to do it again. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life. Yesterday I was able to do what I love and after getting over the initial nerves of shooting a commercial in LA, I was able to settle in and do what I do. And I think it'll turn out great.

My hope is that for those of you who would like to see it I'll be able to share it. As of yesterday they were saying it would go international, but remain internet only. The company happens to tap into my nerdy side and for the commercial itself and the role I play, it's a character to say the least. I can tell you that I'm proud of the work I did and grateful to the crew for being professional, fun and supportive. This is only just the beginning, one spot at a time, I'm on my way.

I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

*special thanks to my lady for helping me learn my lines and supporting my dream

No comments: