Wednesday, February 8, 2012

From the Mix Tape - the Promise Ring



I've revisited this album Wood/Water recently. I kind of stumbled upon it while listening to other bands of the like, Benton Falls, Hot Rod Circuit, Elliott and Christie Front Drive. I recall when it was released initially blowing it off because "how dare they not be happy sounding?!" Timing with albums, such as this, I guess is everything. I appreciate it much more today then I would have then. There's a melancholy throughout the album I'm drawn to, it's not completely hopeless and that bit of optimism appeals to me.

Enjoy this lovely live rendition of "Become One Anything One Time." This might be my favorite lead singer with a speech impediment.

The Promise Ring

I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

No comments: