Thursday, December 29, 2011

Holydays


Well I'm back in sunny California. The trip to Chicago although brief was fantastic in that I got to see my family. There's nothing quite like an Oak Park Christmas Eve. It was cold, but not unbearable. I received some lovely unexpected gifts and played a mean board game or two. Lots of screaming, drinking and laughs. That's my family.

We also trekked to my ladies neck of the woods for a farmer's Christmas. There's something relaxing and peaceful about being surrounded by nothing i.e. the picture above. Her nieces and nephews were adorable as can be, watching them reminds me of what Christmas used to feel like each year. And it snowed the last day.

The only downfall was I didn't sleep much. With all the travel and my retail work schedule I think I only had one decent night of sleep...somehow though it makes sense. Christmas and the holidays have always seemed so rushed and full of anxiety these past couple of years. I guess I should expect it more so now that I live across the states.

As for the blog, I'm going to spend the rest of year posting "a few of my favorite things" from 2011. So no Dunkin for the rest of the year and probably some sporadic posts here and there, but definitely some rockin tunes, links to posts, quotes and some funny videos. I hope you all had a blessed and an amazing holiday.

I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

No comments: