Thursday, July 21, 2011

Get Your Dunkin Thursday



Aww Thursday. Last night I convinced the lady to watch Food Inc. and she thanked me for it. Since moving to Santa Monica we've been eating less meat, mainly because we have a great local farmers' market and I've been trying to expand my cooking. I also watched Food Inc. with a friend and it made me shop and eat local more. We were already on board that train, but with the convenience of the Santa Monica market it's a no-brainer. Food Inc. is one of those movies, if you haven't seen it, that is worth watching. We should know where our food comes from and who is making our food. Seems simple enough, but there are people who don't want us to know. It is a theme that works throughout our country; Wall St., government, political parties, wars insert what you comes to mind here. And since I'm being serious let me lighten it up by saying "Knowing is half the battle."

Here are your highlights:

The Onion wins the debate: Congress Continues Debate Over Whether Or Not Nation Should Be Economically Ruined

T-Paw is a teddy bear

Sad, but true. Welcome to the Recovery

Pew Pew

In Ireland and the Vatican relationship ruined, a story worth talking about

The Gang of Six, SIX! SIX! They have a proposal and it's terrible. I'm kind of glad Obama signed on, why? Because anything he signs onto the Right flips out and rejects. Also too, the tax cut fairy hasn't work for some 10 years....WHY HAVEN'T THESE IDIOTS FIGURED THIS OUT?!

Chow!

No comments: