Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Case of the Rich Bus Driver

It's quite amazing that the same people who consider $250,000 "not that much money" are flummoxed when a bus driver makes roughly $160,000 before taxes. Of the many thankless jobs in the world that come to mind bus driver is right up there. Bus drivers have peoples' lives in their hands and must combat the frustrations of city (sometimes suburban) traffic daily. It does take a special license to operate a bus and as far as I understand they must also have some base mechanical knowledge of the vehicles. I know of at least three people who work above me who have quite less responsibility and make considerably more than said bus driver.

So, it takes a skewed perspective to be incensed by a bus driver making $160,000. That and it's also bogus.

I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

No comments: