Monday, November 29, 2010

Prepare for Fail

Apparently the White House wants to freeze pay in a move based in teh stupid.

Chris Bowers at Dkos:

Freezing federal employee pay will mean a decline in real disposable income for millions, and that has never, ever led to a good electoral outcome for the incumbent party. If this proposal becomes law--and it almost certainly will--the Obama administration is throwing away hundreds of thousands of votes. And they are prominently taking credit for it, too.

No good will come of this, neither for millions of working families on the receiving end of this pay freeze nor for an administration seeking re-election in 2012.


As Bonddad has pointed out for the past year, Austerity will Completely Fail, so good luck with that!

Maybe this is some super-dimensional eighteen level of chess that is way over my layman's head, but I cannot for the life of me grasp how this is a good idea. If it is a negotiating chip the GOP, they'll only foam at the mouth for more. If it's supposed to be a lesson to Wall St. they aren't paying attention. And if it's a lesson that the middle-class and poor need to suck it up and accept the rich run everything around us...well we already knew that.

I didn't wake up from my turkey coma for this, damnit!


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

No comments: