Friday, October 29, 2010

Get Your Dunkin Friday



I was going to talk about my upcoming weekend here as per custom. Instead I was reading an entry by Angry Black Lady at Balloon Juice, put on my headphones and listened to B. Yung. I was blown away. This is what words can do. When B. Yung uses the words "I'm tired," you understand his exhaustion. It resonates with me now as we are four days away from the impending doom of the election. I'm tired of the nonsense. I'm tired of Republicans. I'm tired of the lies and I'm tired of the media reporting "both sides do it." I'm too tired, yet seeing this video inspires me. It reminds me of why I post to this blog and why I voted early yesterday. We have so much that is yet to be done and we can't let our country fail. As Angry Black Lady says, "It’s about people who have risen above the short stick they drew at birth, and it’s about all those people who have yet to achieve their potential." I couldn't agree more.

Here are your highlights:

BP and Halliburton knew cement was unstable - it's time for the Free Market Fairy to fix this!

More great news, US on track for fiscal train wreck

The election is being bought

Sierra Nevada for the win!

How about them Redskins? Ranked #2 in takeways thus far. A much welcomed change in the defensive approach (now cut down those big gains...)

Why are the Dems losing? The media and pollsters say it is their own fault. That's mostly true, but as the media plays tit for tat games with the political football Americans are more misinformed than ever before. Something has to be said for shows like these...

Chow!

No comments: