Thursday, April 29, 2010

Texas Law Maker who called Obama "God's Punishment" Wants Arizona like Immigration Laws

McClatchy:

State Rep. Leo Berman this week said he's planning to file several immigration-related bills once Texas lawmakers get back to work in January, including one that requires presidential and vice presidential candidates to prove their citizenship to the Texas secretary of state before their names are added to the ballot.

This is similar to one provision in the immigration law recently approved in Arizona.

"We'll do it," said Berman, R-Tyler, and a former Arlington mayor pro tem. "We'll do it from now on. If he can't prove citizenship ... he won't have a place on the Texas ballot."

Berman was referring to President Barack Obama, whose birthplace has been questioned by some since before he took office. Although his campaign produced a birth certificate that shows Obama was born in Hawaii, some speculate that he was actually born in Kenya, where his father lived.

Last weekend, Berman told a crowd in Tyler that he believes "Barack Obama is God's punishment on us today, but ... we are going to make Obama a one-term president," according to a report in the Tyler Morning Telegraph.


If this isn't extreme I don't know what is, clearly Gov. Brewer opened up the flood gates for other xenophobic lawmakers. Now they feel it is their patriotic duty to enact discriminatory and Draconian laws. But what I can't still wrap my mind around is where is this all coming from...I mean where...could it be...no it can't...I mean makes sense, but...it could be...most certainly stems from...that it is projected that minorities will be teh MAJORITY?!

Nope. Can't be. I must be naive. I mean all that these good citizens are doing is protecting Uhmerika from illegals which, is be should be unto be, paramount to our liberty! Or something.

In related news, I am buying this t-shirt.


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

No comments: