Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blanche's Gut

Blanche Lincoln says she wasn't "lobbied" by Obama.

Senatus:

President Barack Obama “hasn’t reached out to lobby Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) on healthcare, the senator said Wednesday,” according to The Hill.

"I made it pretty clear that I didn’t support reconciliation," Lincoln said during an appearance on MSNBC, by way of offering a reason as to why the president would let her be. "I think he hates asking people to do things contrary to what their gut tells them to do."

Lincoln said she “hadn’t spoken to Obama on the phone about healthcare, though at some point during the healthcare process, she reached out to the president and sought a meeting with him.


Self-serving Senators like Lincoln who offer roadblocks as bargaining chips then expect some kind of catering by the administration baffle me. The very idea that Obama doesn't like forcing people to go against their gut is baseless. I would chalk it up to logic; why negotiate with a lost cause Senator from a red state? It makes no sense, jut like her opposition to reconciliation. I will be glad when she loses, regardless of who it is to, but if you like you can donate to Bill Halter so she gets a run for her money.


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

No comments: