Monday, January 18, 2010

No Matter What Happens

The race for Senate in Massachusetts reminds me a lot of the NY-23 race, but I will hold my breath because the Senate has proven to be a thorn in our progressive side. Yes, admittedly it means more. Some people are hollering for heads already or declaring if Coakley loses that Obama is a failure. I will remind everyone that this is a much bigger issue. When times like these come up, when all of us want to go "how and the fugg did we end up here?" I will leave you a quote that has kept me great company over the years and it so happens to come from Men in Black:

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Not everyone is as informed on the issues, not everyone remembers Republicans being awful for the past 20 years, not everyone agrees Bush caused this mess even if PROOF says otherwise. We are in fact surrounded by the stupid and the Democratic party lost sight of that or perhaps they are the stupid. Whichever way you want to take it, I am sure after tomorrow it applies.


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

No comments: