Monday, January 11, 2010

The Card Has Fallen

ESPN:

Mark McGwire finally came clean, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

McGwire said in a statement sent to The Associated Press on Monday that he used steroids on and off for nearly a decade. During a 20-minute telephone interview shortly afterward, his voice repeatedly cracked.

"It's very emotional, it's telling family members, friends and coaches, you know, it's former teammates to try to get a hold of, you know, that I'm coming clean and being honest," he said. "It's the first time they've ever heard me, you know, talk about this. I hid it from everybody."


Time to put a major asterisk on baseball. McGwire is merely a product of the culture that baseball allowed to seep into its hallowed halls. Now that he is admitted to using, who is next? The Rocket? Bonds? Sosa? The Incredible Hulk?


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

No comments: