Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Get Your Dunkin Wednesday



Afghanistan it's all the buzz today and so this Dunkin will cover the coverings. I was able to watch some of president Obama's speech last night and was struck by the faces of the West Point cadets. The nerves, the youth and the expectation of their upcoming duties; it was a stark reality. I really don't know what to think. I have always been uncomfortable with the idea that more war was the way to end the threats of war and extremism. I thought the President gave a good speech, as expected, but the rhetoric of the "why" was all too familiar. It will be interesting to watch. It will be interesting to see if the strategy is successful. Just no "Mission Accomplished" banners, that's all I am saying for now.

Here are your highlights:

Spencer Ackerman has a thorough run down of the strategy and plan in Afghanistan

I suggested we call this "Obama's Clean Up War" or "Obama Fixing Bush's War", the president last night stated passively he might actually agree with me






Chow!

No comments: