Thursday, December 3, 2009

Climategate The Latest in teh Stupid

According to the right wing, the debate over global warming is over. The hippies have lost. Throw in the towel you losers! Why have they come to this conclusion; a host of leaked emails that apparently prove what the right wing has been saying all along. GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX! But those emails don't say that and they don't prove global warming is over. In fact it's not.

The Copenhagen Diagnosis- Global ice-sheets are melting at an increased rate; Arctic sea-ice is disappearing much faster than recently projected, and future sea-level rise is now expected to be much higher than previously forecast, according to a new global scientific synthesis prepared by some of the world’s top climate scientists.

In a special report called ‘The Copenhagen Diagnosis’, the 26 researchers, most of whom are authors of published IPCC reports, conclude that several important aspects of climate change are occurring at the high end or even beyond the expectations of only a few years ago.

The report also notes that global warming continues to track early IPCC projections based on greenhouse gas increases. Without significant mitigation, the report says global mean warming could reach as high as 7 degrees Celsius by 2100.


What is even more baffling to me about deniers is this, why? Why are you so adamantly against scientific fact? Why when given loads of data and proof, do you still not believe it? And finally where and what is your scientific background?

Yes it would be nice if global warming wasn't occurring in our world, but this is a serious issue that both left and right should find a practical way using SCIENCE to alter the impending results. Science is and always will be our way of knowing and understanding our planet. Not fringe theories and just yelling "The world is flat!"

I get not caring. I get that you won't live to see the day the whole planet is covered in water and cities devastated. I get that. It makes sense, being selfish is part of human nature. However, the incessant denial is simply teh stupid and does no one any good whatsoever. You're not advancing dialog, you're not improving scientific methods, you're obnoxiously radical and looking increasing foolish, that's all.


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

For more The Huffington Post has a nice take down of the Climategate whistle blowers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you ask for my scientific background if I am skeptical about the science? Would you ask for my credentials as well if I agreed with your "religion"? You are exposing yourself.

Asian-American Pundit said...

So you are skeptical of science in general? Global Climate Change is a religion? I am not sure what you are trying to get at.

I am asking to find out why someone would be a denier. Is it that they have scientific proof backing them up? Is it that they question the methods by which the data was obtained? Where are they getting their information?

I am not certain, so I am posing questions to understand the denial and voice my frustration.

sterno said...

I have to say, I really enjoy the irony of climategate. A bunch of global warming denialists who rapidly embrace the most tenuous evidence put together by industry sponsored researchers start going on about conspiracies because of some leaked documents that are taken out of context.

So... they scream about an implied conspiracy while happily shouting about the clear truth of an ACTUAL conspiracy...

Fail.

What I have yet to figure out amongst the denialists is what they believe the agenda of climate scientists is. I mean I get that they think this is all part of Al Gore's plan to take over the world. But why would a climate scientist help out Al Gore? Is it because he invented the Internet?

I just don't get it...