Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Finally Thankful


My last thanks for today is to all of you.

Over the past year or so this blog has evolved beyond my greatest expectations. I started this site in jest, naive and full of satirical posts I created a character, Frank Chow. He was to be a Stephen Colbert of sorts, but for the Asian-American progressives out there and full of liberal rage. As last year's election cycle reared its ugly head I found it was important to at least address the many pressing issues of our time with an unapologetic tone. Frank was conflicted; rage on as the character or provide a progressive voice in the Asian-American community. There had to be a balance somewhere.

With the election of Barack Obama, I almost stopped too soon. I figured my job was done, the mockery and rage could subside. But little did I know it had just begun. The far right instigated its new Tax Tea Party movement and began its relentless lie machine, the economy and joblessness worsened, the Republican party became the Obstructionist party, Democrats coddled corporations, climate change was losing believers and the possibility of universal health care was around the corner; this not even six months in. I took some time to reflect and focused on many of the blogs I follow and noticed that the most effective included a personal anecdote and an unique voice.

Since then I have had three redesigns (template changes) and moved from satire, to a character full of rage to this latest inception. I am not so certain what to call it, but I like where this blog is headed and without your comments, emails and criticisms I would not be gleefully awaiting Frank Chow's next step.

For that I am truly thankful.

As part of my thanks and true appreciation I will be having a giveaway in the upcoming week or so. It will include a interesting piece of writing and some other propaganda for your enjoyment. So please stay tuned as I promise it won't disappoint.

Happy Thanksgiving!


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

No comments: