Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Late Night Music with Frank- Miniature Tigers




I have always found that as I get older there are certain friendships based on two things; music and booze. Now it is not to say we do not have many other things in common, but no matter what the heck I do when I go back to Baltimore and see my buddies, we talk music while boozing. It is probably the best times. I grew up in an area surrounded by eclectic tastes and the beltway bullshizz, music in high school was my escape. And so my friend Mikey texted me late last week and all he said was "Bro, Miniature Tigers, go listen they are silly." Silly indeed. Thank you Mikey from Baltimore, MD.

A little snippet about Miniature Tigers:

Miniature Tigers is a pop rock band with elements of indie pop based in Phoenix, Arizona. The band is made up of front man Charlie Brand, Rick Schaier on drums and vocals, Algernon Quashe on guitar, keyboards, vocals and Alex Gerber on bass, vocals.

The band is currently signed to Modern Art Records, a label created in a partnership between members of the band Chronic Future and Epic Records.

Miniature Tigers began their first national tour in October 2008, which included playing a set at the 2008 CMJ Music Marathon.Darren Robinson, the guitarist from the band Phantom Planet toured with Miniature Tigers from January to March of 2009 playing lead guitar on the Ben Folds tour. The band will play the 2009 Monolith Festival in September.



I am Frank Chow and I approved this message.

No comments: