Friday, June 12, 2009

Cancer Sticks


You do not get a nickname such as "cancer sticks" without reason.

I have never been a fan of smoking. I have on occasion smoked cigarettes (drunkinly) and cigars for that matter, but I have always found it quite unattractive. The smell. The look. The resulting health complications. And I have always been doubtful of the flavored smokes and those that smoke "light" and "milds." It is nice to know some legislation includes a conscience.

And for the whack-jobs it is not gubbament takeover.

CNN: The legislation would give the FDA power to ban candy and fruit-flavored cigarettes, widely considered appealing to first-time smokers, including youths. It would prohibit tobacco companies from using terms such as "low tar," "light" or "mild," require larger warning labels on packages, and restrict advertising of tobacco products.

It also would require tobacco companies to reduce levels of nicotine in cigarettes.


You can still smoke and still get your cancer sticks just now they won't taste like blow pops.


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message.

No comments: