Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Late Night Music with Frank- Manchester Orchestra

Manchester Orchestra - "I've Got Friends"


It has been an odd start to this weekend. We have a President touring the world in hopes to rebuild our reputation abroad as pundits paint him as Un-American. Men have gone on shooting sprees; one for the hurt he couldn't combat and the other for the paranoia he chose to welcome. We have a media that cares more about fighting science then embracing fact, however we did see stories out there that have made us smile. Remember the days we have seen and what makes us proud. It's only Tuesday. Sigh.

Times are tough. However, we have people. We have our friends. We don't have to look to desperation and we have a man whether we voted for him or not who is attempting to change the way we think about America and how great we are and can be.

I look to this weekend in hope of taking time out to be with family and reaching out to true friends. This song reminds of all that is good in my life. Despite all the chaos, the builds, the crescendos, and the dynamics we can't forget what we have. The ups and downs, the emotion felt and gut wrenching pleas as the lead singer states "I've got friends in all the right places. I know what they want and I know they don't want me to stay." It is the dialogue of today.

"I need it quickly."

And sometimes we have to take it on and bear it all.



I am Frank Chow and I approved this message.

No comments: