Thursday, April 23, 2009

Late Night Music with Frank- the Dear Hunter



I have been a fan of the Dear Hunter since their first inception. It is in category of one of my favorite genre's of music; conceptual prog rock. In laymen's terms, it is nerd concept rock. The story is about a boy his life, love and death, yet it is the music and emotion that Casey (I have met him, I am a Band-Aid, not really, ok maybe if they ask... first name basis applies here is what I am saying) portrays through his songs in any setting that is of legend. This is the official video from their single "Church and Dime" and it only scratches the surface of why I appreciate this album so much. Other highlight tracks include "Red Hands", "Evicted" and "Black Sandy Beaches." With an upcoming release in June, I will be first in line metaphorically at the ITunes store to download Act III.

If you get the chance see them perform live Casey has added his brother to drums and a former member of his previous band Receiving End of Sirens on bass. It's a must see.


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message.

No comments: