Thursday, April 9, 2009

Betty Brown Texass Rep. Hates Asians



This is a true story.

Lawmaker suggests Asian-descendant voters should adopt names "easier for Americans to deal with"

During public hearings on the voter identification legislation in the House, state Rep. Betty Brown, R-Terrell, suggested that Asian-Americans might want to adopt names that are "easier for Americans to deal with" when they want to vote so their names will match what is on registration rolls.

Brown made her statements during testimony from Ramey Ko, representing the Organization of Chinese Americans.

Brown also asked Ko if Chinese people have to show identification to vote in their home country. He noted there are not any elections in the People's Republic of China.

The Texas Democratic Party is demanding Brown apologize for saying also saying:

"Rather than everyone here having to learn Chinese -- I understand it's a rather difficult language -- do you think that it would behoove you and your citizens to adopt a name that we could deal with more readily here?"

Brown went on to say she was not asking Asian-Americans to change their names but "transliterate" them in a way that was consistent for English speakers.

Brown later tells Ko: "Can't you see that this is something that would make it a lot easier for you and the people who are poll workers if you could adopt a name just for identification purposes that's easier for Americans to deal with?"



W.O.W. WHAT TO SAY? Except...

So sorreee my ancestor no-a-come-a-from -America. We have funny namesy. So sorree.
I will now go wash a dishes and do your raundry and wax on wax off on your rawn.
Me no rikey. Me a foreigna.

ARE YOU FUGGIN KIDDING ME!!!

I know I am ninja and that I have a last name you can't CHOW on, but did you ever think BROWN sounds funny to me and MY PEOPLE! Oddly enough good old Betty during her little spat forgot to mention that this was about voter rights which means MY PEOPLE ARE YOUR PEOPLE!!

I know she was a Golden Girl and resides in Texas so this is common thread probably in her parts, however it is the year 2009 not 1960! This is a woman who probably thinks Mickey Rooney was spot on.



Ms. Brown I think I have met you before you hold your purse just a little tighter when you see me on the elevator, the street, and when I take your daughter out on a date! Boom baby! Take that! Welcome to a HAPA nation and we are coming for your last names MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!


I am Frank Chow and I approved this message.

No comments: