Thursday, March 19, 2009

Late Night Music with Frank- Jack's Mannequin



Andrew McMahon is a cancer survivor, at a young age of 22 he was diagnosed with leukemia, but fought and fought hard and won. This entire album entitled "the Glass Passenger" was written as a testimonial to his journey, "The Glass Passenger is not about recovering from cancer," McMahon says. "it's just about recovering. I was trying to use the music to sort through and reconcile with the adversity of my past."

I chose to highlight this song and performance because I have always been a sucker for stripped down pop music. Maybe it was my mother's own affinity for pop and melody, regardless the song's call line "Annie use your telescope" is a refined pop lyric that stays in your head for days. 

Lyrics to this song

Website

Enjoy and Good Night.

No comments: