Thursday, January 28, 2010

Get Your Dunkin Thursday



Ok so yesterday my computer got the swine flu or the ebola or some kind of virus and poof, I was out of commission. Couldn't post a damn thing. Stupid PC's. So that is why you didn't get any rage filled posts yesterday or any heads slamming on desks. Last night was great. Drinking Liberally was moved to Wednesday so everyone could watch the SOTU together. It also ended up being one of the "Watch parties" for OFA, so needless to say two rooms were packed and rowdy. I for one enjoyed the speech. It is hard not to like a speech by Obama, however this particular speech was more straight talk. I spoke with another anonymous blogger who agreed that speech last night was not for the policy wonks or pol heads like ourselves, but for those who have been missing it or those being misinformed. And if you ever doubted, HE IS THE PRESIDENT. The humor was great, the stabs were playful, the focus on jobs was paramount, and the talk of bipartisanship was fantasy. Overall I think it was the right speech at the right time which also means Obama is the black Jimmy Carter (insert major sarcasm here). The lady isn't feeling well today, so I will be home blasting a post or two.

Here are your highlights:

Early polls say people liked the SOTU

Obama did mention the repeal of "Don't Ask Don't Tell" WHAT I SAY?!! Oh golly gee people still aren't happy...

WANT: Tron bike

Oregon did the right thing and raised taxes on the filthy rich

Activist Judge caught on film

It is 2010, concerts are starting, Take Action Tour!

Late last night I noticed a sad headline. Howard Zinn passes away. It struck me quite hard. I remember reading Zinn's "A People's History of the United States" and thinking wow I never read anything like this; history was in fact being told. He will be sorely missed.


Chow!

No comments: