Monday, April 8, 2013

Get Your Dunkin Monday

I had a solid weekend. Worked. Michigan won. NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP game baby! This hasn't happened since I was a kid wearing too baggy shorts and a Michigan Starter jacket. I'm not gonna lie, I picked against my own team in my bracket. Mainly because my brackets never work out the way I like, but I'm so glad I was wrong. This weekend also marked the first time I went to mass as a Catholic. It was topped off with the wife and I bringing up the gifts. A special moment for the both of us. Then I had a writer's meeting with an accomplished screenwriter to work on my pilot script and guess what? I don't suck! I'm onto something, I just need to make some slight changes, tighten somethings and should have what I want. Not too bad for a weekend, not too bad at all.

Here are your highlights:

Reid bluffs on the filibuster again

Treasury secretary Jack Lew goes to Europe and tells them austerity is stupid -- hmm, shouldn't we be saying the same thing to ourselves?

Margaret Thatcher dies, I don't have much else to add

Phrase of the week: "Give people goodies"

Fugg SNL and their stupid Kim Jong-Un sketches. There are plenty of funny Asians out there, quit being lazy, do your diligence and stop doing uncreative crap.

Jim Beam Distiller's Masterpiece

Chow!