Saturday, October 2, 2010

Let's Get Rich



This weekend comes with great relief and great sadness. My family is going to make it through. Not quite sure how yet, but eventually I know we will figure out how. The other day my lady played this song for me as she kept telling me everything would be okay. It's a simple tune, but sums up all my hopes and frustrations in my life currently. I am a lucky guy with a lady so great.

I wish money didn't mean so much. I wish that so many people in this world didn't suffer, go hungry or struggle to have the basic things. We are told growing up we must have these certain basics in order to live a fulfilled life; a house, car, savings, dog, vacation home and a job where everyone "respects you." I am beginning to believe that's not attainable nor something I want.

When I read articles about Meg Whitman's spending spree for what may be a failed campaign; I realize I don't ever want to be one of those people. Looking down on "people like ants." A real leader with that much money wouldn't be spending it on a campaign, but building houses in New Orleans, Detroit, or rebuilding roads and providing relief to people in Haiti (or any of the poverty stricken areas). This isn't a post about Meg Whitman. It's really me saying as much as everyone wants to get rich, I don't want to be one of the rich.

I prefer the dignity of persevering.

I am Frank Chow and I approved this message

FALL FUND DRIVE STILL GOES ON, HELP FRANK'S SISTER STAY IN SCHOOL:




No comments: